As time goes by, everything evolves. In this case, the business paradigm needs to minimize both time and costs in order to invest more in process control and productivity issues. To achieve these key aspects, innovation is needed and the synonym for innovation is RPA (Robotic Process Automation).
There will be many who think that automation has nothing to do with innovation. So, before reading on, let’s look at a definition of what “innovate” means to set the record straight.
What is innovation?
Joseph A. Schumpeter said that anyone who seeks profit must innovate. Innovation is not produced simply by generating ideas, but by the power of doing things. Innovation is a process that produces value. If there is no value, there is no innovation.
RPA as a key to business innovation
The fact that RPA drives innovation is the main reason why it is considered one of the main pillars of digital transformation in different industry sectors. In addition, there is a clear differentiation in the market for this technology with respect to other business automation tools. How does it differ?
According to Uipath According to Uipath, “Unlike other traditional IT solutions, RPA allows organizations to automate at a fraction of the cost and time previously encountered. RPA is also non-intrusive in nature and leverages existing infrastructure without causing disruption to underlying systems, which would be difficult and costly to replace. With RPA, profitability and compliance are no longer an operational cost but a by-product of automation.
- No interruptions in the underlying systems.
- Led by the company, with support from IT.
- Highly scalable, it adapts to the changing business environment.
- Fast realization of benefits.
- Minimum initial investment.”
How does RPA drive innovation at the enterprise level?
The innovative effect of an RPA tool is palpable at all levels of the company. Let’s look at some of the actions that confirm this, such as:
- Reorganization of information systems and business processes.
- Enable SMEs to avoid the problems of previous systems.
- Encourage long-term strategic thinking.
- Empower your employees with new skills focused on automation.
- Contribution to the modernization of regulatory compliance and data protection.
Help your organization become more efficient
- The value of automation increases in the most time-consuming and high-volume processes.
- It brings great advantages to processes with recurring errors .
- Optimal for re-entry of information, as well as data collection and validation.
- The solution always performs the processes as programmed, eliminating compliance errors.
- Structured and standardized processes make development and ROI times faster.
- Customer satisfaction increases, as the robots are much more agile in responding and comply with service level agreements 24/7.
It is incredible that, nowadays, so many things can be done with fewer resources. What used to take hours and hours of work can now be derived from software with multiple management, tracking and calculation capabilities. This gives us more time to carry out more strategic and enriching tasks for the organization. It is a revolution in the way of working, in the execution of processes, achievement of new objectives and production of results.
Before concluding, we always like to stress the importance of cultural change. No matter how much technology your company integrates, if the different teams are not open or do not have sufficient training to handle the new tools, results will hardly be improved. Digital solutions have to be a support for the worker, an element that helps them to perform better in their daily tasks and not a frustration that will make them continue with their old habits.